Request A Quote OR Schedule Service
#1 AC Compressor Replacement in Jacksonville, FL, With Over 360 5-Star Reviews
Do you need fast relief from a broken air conditioner? Schedule repairs today by calling 904-977-3796.
If your air conditioner starts blowing warm air during the harsh Florida summer, you need immediate relief. From AC compressor replacement in Jacksonville, FL, to expert AC installation, Mighty Air, Inc. does it all. We’re prompt, professional, and competitively priced, so you never need to call anyone else.
What Does the Compressor Do?
The compressor is a necessary piece that helps your system’s refrigeration cycle transport warm air outside your home. During the process, the refrigerant transitions between a gas and a liquid. The liquid refrigerant captures the heat inside your home, then moves to the evaporation coil outside and turns into a gas that releases the heat.
The compressor uses high-pressure air to turn the refrigerant back into a liquid so it can start the cycle over again. Modern compressors come in three types: rotary, screw, and reciprocating. They all function the same, but the reciprocating variety is the most common and affordable.
AC, Heating and Indoor air quality services
Jacksonville Compressor Replacement
Mighty Air, Inc., is a full-service HVAC company, which means we provide quality AC compressor replacement in Jacksonville, FL. Our expert technicians can provide the following and more:
- Air conditioning system repair
- AC compressor failure diagnostics
- HVAC compressor replacement
- Refrigerant refills
- Overall cooling system maintenance
We provide free quotes so you’re never surprised by your bill, and we offer financing on new products. Unfortunately, we don’t handle car AC compressor replacement, but we can refer you to a great mechanic.
Signs You Need a New Compressor
How can you tell you need AC compressor replacement in Jacksonville, FL? Look for these most common signs:
- Old age: Compressors last around 10 to 15 years. If yours is older than 10 years, you’ll probably find it cheaper to replace the component than spending money trying to prolong its life.
- Rising energy bills: As your compressor ages, it runs less efficiently. You’ll see your energy bills increase even if you’re not using your air conditioner more frequently or setting it to a lower temperature.
- Expensive repairs: You might feel tempted to forgo a new compressor by repairing it instead; however, even with expert repairs, the component will continue breaking until you replace it. In general, experts advise that if the cost of the repair equals at least half the cost of a new component, you should replace the compressor.
- Lukewarm air: Your air conditioner’s job is to blow cool air throughout the home, so if it blows warm air instead, it usually signifies a problem with the refrigerant cycle.
- Loud noises: If you notice your air conditioner making bangs, clangs, screams, squeals, clicks, ticks, humming, or buzzing sounds, it means it’s broken. You’ll save money long-term if you replace it rather than just repairing it.
- Leaks: If you notice water or refrigerant leaking from your air conditioner, shut off the device immediately and call your HVAC technician. If the leak is refrigerant, do not try to dispose of it yourself. It’s a toxic chemical that requires special handling and disposal by a trained professional.
How to Maintain Your Compressor
You can help prolong the life of your compressor and air conditioning unit using the following best practices:
- Regular maintenance: The best thing you can do for your air conditioner is to schedule annual maintenance. The best time for maintenance is during the spring before the weather gets hot. Frequent maintenance prolongs the compressor’s life and reduces the frequency of repairs.
- Moderate usage: Try to use your air conditioner sparingly when possible and set your thermostat to a higher temperature so your device doesn’t work as hard or as long. The Department of Energy suggests setting your temperature at 78 degrees during the summer for the best balance of comfort and efficiency.
- Timely repairs: When your air conditioner breaks, repair it quickly to avoid more severe damage to the compressor and other components.
- Adequate insulation: Confirm your house has adequate insulation. It keeps your home cooler longer, which allows your air conditioner to rest while still maintaining your desired temperature.
Let Mighty Air, Inc. Replace Your Compressor
If you’re left without a functioning air conditioner in the harsh Florida heat, call Mighty Air, Inc. immediately. As a trusted provider of AC compressor replacement in Jacksonville, FL, we can restore your air conditioner to working order so you can live safely and comfortably in your home. We know high heat and humidity are safety issues, so we’re available for emergency repairs and AC maintenance.
To schedule an appointment, call Mighty Air, Inc. at 904-977-3796 today.